Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package, a la The Pioneer Woman

I've heard wonderful things about the recipes from The Pioneer Woman. I checked out her website, http://thepioneerwoman.com, and reviewed the different options for my next experiences. She includes wonderful pictures of the various steps as well as the final product. Most of the recipes either had too many ingredients (I'm cheap) or seemed to have a very high fat and caloric levels. Therefore, I decided on trying 'Shrimp Pasta in a Foil Package'.

Ingredients:
My individual comments are in italic after the ingredient is listed.
½ cups Olive Oil
4 cloves Garlic, Minced (I only had pre-minced garlic so I had to estimate)
3 whole 14.5 Ounce Cans Diced (or Whole) Tomatoes (I used two cans)
½ cups White Wine (I used Riesling)
2 pounds Jumbo Or Large Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined (I used 1 lb of extra jumbo shrimp)
Salt And Pepper, to taste
Fresh Parsley, Minced (I didn't use this because I didn't want to buy it just for this recipe)
1 pound Linguine, Uncooked
Red Pepper Flakes, to taste



Directions:

1. Cook pasta for 1/2 the recommended cooking time. Pasta should still be very firm.

2. In a large skillet or pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for a minute. Dump in the tomatoes and wine. Stir the mixture together, season with salt and pepper, and allow to cook for ten minutes.

3. Meanwhile, prepare a large parcel of heavy duty aluminum foil. It should be large enough to hold the entire pasta dish.

4. Throw the shrimp on the top of the pasta sauce. Throw the drained pasta over the top, then pour the whole dish onto the foil. Tightly wrap the foil into a parcel.

5. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and keep warm until serving.

6. Open the foil parcel right before serving. Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil over the top. Squeeze on lemon juice, if desired.

Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Total Time: 35 minutes Serves 8

My Husbands Thought: "It was good, and that's what literally goes into your blog, I'll have to give it a longer review. It was really good and I'm looking forward to leftovers." Ohh...he's going to love that I wrote that down word-for-word. :)

My Thoughts: I don't love it and I don't hate it. I'm not sure if I will make it again. I didn't think it smelled all that great while making it, and I think it needed more flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment