Tuesday, January 25, 2011

When Vacations Attack...

As I sit here on the couch on a Tuesday night. I find myself watching 'When Vacations Attack' on Travel Channel, and think to myself how very FORTUNATE Mark and I are. The stories are amazing about about elephants attacking in Africa, birds attacking, and raging rivers. Luckily for Mark and I, our vacations have been much less eventful.

In October we took a Southern Caribbean Cruise (that had been postponed from May, due to me being laid off) with Royal Caribbean that was fantastic!



I had mixed feelings about Puerto Rico. Upon getting to the airport and to our hotel I wasn't impressed. It seemed full of run down high rise buildings and poverty until we got into the Condado hotel district. We stayed at a reasonably priced hotel off the main street, and quickly hopped into a cab to head to Old San Juan, where we planned to spend all our time while in San Juan. Old San Juan is amazing! It's full of little shops, restaurants, old forts, and beautiful views. Enjoy the pictures above, they do nothing to show the beauty of Old San Juan.







Yikes....talk about a bit picture heavy. The trip was great with minimal difficulties. I love to travel and have always wanted to see the world. One of the best parts about traveling is getting to see different places in the world with Mark and trying new things, experiencing them together. Lucky for us, we have gone on a major trip each year without fail, and will continue to do so until we are blessed with children.

No comments:

Post a Comment